ALSOG — Another L-System Object Generator — is a tool for parsing, interpreting and rendering of Lindenmayer Systems.
- supports stochastic, context sensitive, and/or parametric Lindenmayer Systems;
- offers a variable interpretation of symbols, pre-set with standard values;
- supports different 3D shapes: line, tube, cone, sphere, or torus;
- supports different methods for colouring;
- exports images to several formats, such as .png, .gif, .jpg, or .bmp;
- exports 3D-objects to several formats, such as .obj, .flt, or .osg.
A complete list of ALSOG's capabilities is given on the features-page. you may find some screenshots of the application as well as the included examples. A limited test version of ALSOG is available for free. The complete version costs 25,- Euro (about 30 US-Dollar).
Tutorials and further information may be found within the documentation-section.
If you need further advice, please consult the page on Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us directly.
Lindenmayer Systems (or L-Systems) are — briefly spoken — graphically interpreted term replacement systems that apply simple grammatical rules resulting in terms that can be graphically interpreted, yielding in complex, often “organic”, objects. I like them very much.